County Seal with Tulare County Agricultural Commissioner Sealer

Organic and Certified Producer Programs

Organic Program
The Organic Program requires producers, handlers and processors wishing to market their commodities as organic to register with the California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) annually in accordance with the California Organic Food Act of 1990.  Organic registration is completed in the primary county of operation as designated by the registrant.  The fee for this registration is paid to CDFA Organic Registration and the amount varies depending on the sales of organic produce.  Registration and forms can be found at CDFA's website at the following address: .

NEW!  Organic registration and renewals can now be done online.  When you receive your renewal information in the mail (approximately 30 days before your registration expires) you will receive instructions on how to access the program.  For more information on accessing this convenient new method of registration go to CDFA's website at the following address:


  • Certified Producer Program
    The Certified Producer Program provides oversight of all growers who sell their crop directly to consumers at Certified Farmer's Markets.  Certification is required to sell commodities at any certified farmer's market.  The county registers certified producers and certified farmer's markets for an annual fee payable at the Agricultural Commissioner's Office.  Please call our office at 559-684-3350 and ask for our Weights and Measures division for our current fees.  Registration includes an inspection of the growing site to assure that the sellers produce the commodities they market.  Forms and information can be found on CDFA's website at the following address:  .

NEW! There has been some changes in the Direct Marketing Program. In response our office has mailed out a letter to all currently registered Certified Producers. In that letter you will find guidance with what is needed to be brought into our office to obtain a current Certified Producer’s Certificate. 

          To see a copy of the letter click here.

          For a Blank “Authorized Representative” form click here.