Permit Renewal and Examination

  • Information Packets
  • Licensing / Exams / Tests


Restricted Materials Permits and Operator Identification Numbers may be renewed/issued at any Tulare Agricultural Commissioner Office.  You are required to provide us with your permit maps if you are renewing your permit.  Please bring your old permit and maps with you to facilitate the process.  We will assist you in creating new maps if you are obtaining a new permit or adding new sites.

Renewals for permits expiring 12/31/2020 begin October 1, 2020.



Tests for Private Applicator Certificates are given Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM in the Tulare office only.  There is no fee for this exam. 

A Private Applicator Certificate allows you to apply Restricted Material Pesticides on your or your employer's property.  It does not qualify you to do pesticide work for hire for other growers.

Tests are available in both English and Spanish.

Exam study books are available in either English or Spanish at the U.C. Cooperative Extension Service across the hall from the Ag Commissioner's office, 4437 S. Laspina, Tulare, CA  93274.   U.C. Cooperative Extension Service ph. 559-684-3300.

Publication number is #3383 for the English version and #3394 for Spanish.

Additional study materials are available on-line - Type "study" or "education" into the search box above.

Information regarding other licensing requirements, such as Qualified Applicator License or Qualified Applicator Certificate, are available on the California Department of Pesticide Regulation website at: