License / Certificate Renewal Information for licenses/certificates

Licensing and Continuing Education Requirements and Information for Licenses/Certificates expiring

You must COMPLETE continuing education hours PRIOR to the expiration of your license or certificate.  You will have to re-test if you do not have the required number of continuing education hours and your license or certificate expires. It is the cardholder's responsibility to keep track of how many continuing education hours have been taken.  The County Agricultural Commissioner and the Department of Pesticide Regulation do not track your hours for you.

Private Applicator Certificate: Testing for PAC's is conducted at the Tulare Office ONLY, M - F, 8 AM - 3:00 PM.

Qualified Applicator Certificates and Qualified Applicator Licenses:  Renewal packets will be mailed by DPR in August and must be submitted to DPR no later than November 1st in order to receive your renewed license or certificate by January 1st. Processing time can take up to 60 days.  The designated qualified applicator license must be renewed before a pest control business can renew.  Pest Control Business licenses must be renewed and the PCB registered in the county before you will be allowed to renew / take out any permits.

Please see the Department of Pesticide Regulation PowerPoint presentation for additional information regarding license / certificate renewal:  License Renewal Presentation

Additional information may be found on the Department of Pesticide Regulation website under "Licensing and Certification Program"

Continuing Education Classes may be found at:  DPR List of Continuing Education Classes  or online at:  Continuing Education Classes Online  Note that online classes may be for other states or other license types.  It is the cardholder's responsibility to ensure that CE classes are valid for their license type and for California DPR.